Life, Love, and Bubbles!

Life, Love, and Bubbles!

Monday, May 31, 2010

So...

It has been a long time since I have kept an internet journal. Remember Xanga? Oh my. Yet, here I am again, typing into cyberspace the goings-on of my life. Although, I suppose I have good reasons behind my actions and therefore am quite secure in my modern day record keeping. You see, Mr, Ms, or Mrs. Reader, I find myself rather busy as of late and sadly unable to keep up with a pen and paper. I am a mommy and I find that I am already forgetting the precious... and not so precious... things that my daughter does on a daily basis. Long story short: I need to be able to document efficiently what is going on, as it is going on, so that I will not look back on this crazy time in life and regret being too preoccupied that memories of my baby were lost.

Why did I explain my reasoning to you? I love to ramble on about perfectly pointless subjects.

As it is 12:32 am this is going to be a short post. Shall we have a brief overview of my current situation? Yes, yes we shall indeed. Why? Because I am REALLY enjoying asking myself questions. :)

I am currently 22 years old (although recently, for some reason, I have been thinking I am 23... I'm not), I'm a single mother to an amazing little girl - Emery Anne, I'm finishing school at Wright State (English-Creative Writing Major), and I'm dating the sweetest man out there - Alex (he lives 3 hours away though, which is the ONLY negative.)

I returned home today from visiting Alex and his family in Indiana - it was a blast. Emery and my mom came with me as well (it was mom's first time meeting his family) and it went really well. We were both nervous about it, understandably, because one can never suppose how such events will play out. Well, events played out perfectly. There were no awkward moments, which is a big deal in my mind. In fact, it was quite the opposite. We all got along as though we had known each other for a long time. The best part of the visit... "Apples to Apples" and ladder ball. I love everyone I have met in his family so far - a huge plus. And, this must be said, during "Apples to Apples," one of the cards was "Imitation" and the description was something like "fake, unnatural, etc." When the dealer (Nick, Alex's brother) was reading what everyone had put down there were two wonderful cards, "Hilary Clinton" and "Bill Clinton." If you know the game then you understand how funny this is that two people put down, basically, the same card. Well, I had put down Hilary and Alex put down Clinton. Soul mates? Yes. Reading that now it does not come as funny as it was in the moment... oh well, I'll still laugh later.

Alright, well, now that I have successfully neglected my homework and my sleep, I think I'll go to bed now. My schedule tomorrow consists of a 10:20-12pm class, a 12:15-2pm class, a 2:20-4pm class, and a 4:20-6pm class. Awesome.

Good night dearies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment