Life, Love, and Bubbles!

Life, Love, and Bubbles!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

To begin I would like to say that this was the first time in my life that I ever went Black Friday shopping. My mommy and I went to Target at 4am, there was a line around the building - but we didn't have to wait since they opened a side door ;) My mom got her new Dyson vacuum, and I got Emery a baby Aurora doll for 4.99 (that wasn't the plan, but I saw her at the checkout (someone had abandoned her) and I just... I couldn't help myself. I am proud to say though that the 4.99 doll was the only unneeded/unhelpful thing I bought today. We then went to Kohls where I got Emery's bedding for an amazing price ($100 for $35), as well as a number of other essentials. Anyway, this is boring - but long story short at the end of the day Emery got the twin mattress she needs (happiness!) and I got new pants :) YAY!

Now lets talk about Thanksgiving (which we celebrated today, Friday). First of all, Alex watched Emery from 7am (when she woke) until after 2pm so that my mom and I could nap after shopping and finished our errands once we woke up (i had my dress fitting and mom had to cook!) How amazing is he? This leads into what is really on my mind, and that is how thankful I am. On my facebook I have posts from past years and past thanksgiving's. I remember how hard it was imagining my daughter growing up without a father, and having to raise a child by myself. But I prayed about it and God answered quickly and wonderfully. Now I am getting married in 14 days to a man I never thought could exist. I love this guy so much, and I can't imagine my life without him.
And dear Emery... what a little princess she is turning out to be. I've been getting frustrated with her recently (thanks to the word "NO!" and "MINE!") but still... every day I am blown away at how much I love her. She is turning into such a little person. She can tell me things now, she PRETENDS (which still blows my mind), and she just talks... all the time! Love it. Cutest thing the other night. She wanted her elephant stuffed animal (Ellie, who had been left at Daddys). I told her that she had to go to sleep and that when she woke up we would go and get Ellie. She laid down, pulled her blanket up, and said "nighe-nighe mommy." hehe! Happy :)

Wedding... in 14 days! I can't believe I'm getting married. I am so excited! I can't wait to be real family together, set things up in the apartment, and make breakfast/dinner for man and baby. :)

I need more turkey sleep time. Sorry to end so suddenly.
Niiiiiight!

No comments:

Post a Comment